Porlex Tall Hand Coffee GrinderPorlex
New and Improved Handle
The Porlex Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder is the perfect hand grinder for travel or home use. It has an all stainless steel housing making itcs easy to clean and reportedly less static compared to plastic models. The conical ceramic burrs wont rust and are easy to clean coffee oils off, they also stay sharper for much longer than steel burrs. Can easily be adjusted from Turkish to French Press grind settings. A more uniform grind and less powder.
The Tall Porlex is approx 190mm high and weighs 264g. Its hopper can hold almost 40g of beans.
Printed instructions are in Japanese only. Porlex Instructions English -PDF download
Packaged Dimensions (cm)
Porlex Mini = 13 cm High, 4.5cm wide (top and bottoms) Plus detachable handle 14cm long
The Porlex grinders have now been updated with:
- A new patented design of connector that prevents any slippage from the handle and no wear.
- A perfectly circular outer burr which produces a more consistent grind throughout the entire range of grind.
- New Japanese/English premium packaging and English/French/Japanese instructions.
- Laser etched burrs to show that only premium Porlex burrs are used in the grinder.
- Made entirely in Japan, Porlex even uses Japanese clay to make the ceramic burrs!
Basic Grind Setting Guide:
- Extra Fine (Turkish) = 1 – 2 clicks
- Fine (Espresso) = 3 – 4
- Medium-Fine (Fine-Medium?) = 5 – 6
- Medium (Filter) = 7 – 8
- Medium-Coarse = 9 – 10
- Coarse (French Press) = 11 – 12